Rafie Chua is the founder and creator behind custom furniture studio, Plane and Bevel. In a fast paced consumerism society that demands for cheap and the good, he left banking and dived into this sunset industry of woodworking. He has since created a sustainable business.
Rafie's creation can found in restaurant, cafes such as Odette, Merely Ice Cream and Choice Cuts. He has most recently been featured on Michelin Guide Singapore. In the interview, we spoke about:
- The woodworking scene in Singapore
- Machinery and wood working technique
- Lessons learnt from traveling around the globe
- Difference that separate a hobbyist and professional
- Schools of thoughts in woodworking